NOTE: This post contains slideshows and if you are viewing on your phone is best viewed direct from the SITE, rather than in the READER.
In the absence of current travel options, this is a rework of our 2014 trip Down Under, previously posted on a private blog site.
+26 and mostly sunny today in Greytown.
Today is a prep day as the 4 of us get ready to go to Cairns, Australia.
– flights booked – check
– hotel booked – check
– rental car booked – check
– Daintree Rainforest tour booked – check
– Great Barrier Reef tours booked – check
– suitcases packed/emptied/repacked/emptied/repacked – check?
– alarm clock set for 2:45 AM tomorrow, so we can get ready, drive to Wellington and get checked in on time – now hold on thar just a minute Bobaloo!!!! 2 friggin 45 AM!!!
With the rest of our day, we had a nice lunch at The Bakery in Claireville, with award winning savoury pies, fine lattes and Cronuts (deep fired crosisant donuts filled with cream and dusted with cinnamon sugar – no calories there).
Then off to Masterton for a bit of a wander and then back to Puau World in Carterton, home of all things Paua (Abalone shell).
Back home to finish packing, get some final trees ready for those celebrating Orthodax Christmas…
…have supper and wine and hit the pit early.
In Cairns, we may have limited internet ($20/hour), so while I will continue my blog, the postings may be a bit scattered. Will do my best to keep you up to date.